Win a Kayak or SUP

New Jon Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier Reviews

by TMS

Read reviews for the New Jon Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier by TMS as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

This cart goes by the long...

This cart goes by the long name of: "TMS CART-CANOE/KAYAK-KY001 New Jon Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley Transport Cart Wheel." At least, that's what it's called on Amazon.com, where I ordered it.

It looks like a lot of other kayak carts -- hollow metal tubing, fat black tires, foam cushioning. But there's a huge difference. I got this one for about $35 -- under $22 for the cart, and under $13 for shipping and handling! AND, it works just fine. I used it to wheel my kayak down a fairly steep hillside from a parking lot to the drought-receding lake, across ruts and grass and then lots of sand, with no problem.

Word of warning, this is cheap for a reason -- made in China, in fact. And the rubber of the tires smells Terrible. Take my word; open the box outside, and don't leave the cart in your car for any longer than you have to until that new rubber smell fades. Other than that, though, it's a great solution for those of us who have to portage our own kayaks by ourselves.

New Jon Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier