Tierra Sandal

by Teva

I love my TEVAs! They are a soft, comfortable shoe and certainly…

I love my TEVAs! They are a soft, comfortable shoe and certainly hold up over time (I've had one pair for 11 years now, and love them so much I recently bought another pair.)

However, THEY ARE NOT GOOD PADDLING SHOES. Sure, go on a hike, or a nice creek walk- but if your boat flips on the river/lake, and you go for a nice swim, you will not be pleased with the amount of drag these shoes create in the water.

Unlike some other sandals that have tighter straps, TEVAs allow for water to get between the foot and the footbed, thus making for a super hard swim. It's certainly manageable, but definitely not easy, to swim in these shoes.

On land, however, these are amazing shoes. They dry off quickly, so it's easy to hose them down after hiking through the mud. While they don't gave the must incredible traction, it is certainly sufficient, and I've gone bouldering in these shoes before.
Happy trails!

They are very stylish and comfortable for a variety of outdoor activities!I…

They are very stylish and comfortable for a variety of outdoor activities!
I am a first-time buyer of the TEVA brand, and I am happy with my purchase. The size is true to what I always buy. The sandals fit my feet, as if they were made for me. The built-in arch support is comfortable. The easily adjustable, velcro straps (2 across the top of the foot, and one around the ankle) make a nice custom fit for many different foot types/sizes. After long walks, if your feet swell, you can loosen the sandals.

Not much break-in is needed. I wore them hiking with little break-in, and it was fine. I didn't have any problems with debris, but small particles could enter around your foot, as with any sandal.

The thick, tough soles made my feet feel very supported. I feel like I can walk on any surface without the fear of feeling rocks beneath my feet (my feet are protected from the environment). The traction of these sandals was pretty good. I hiked downhill during some points in the path without fear of slipping.

The sole of these sandals (inside and out) is waterproof and it dries quickly after being wet. Even though the straps are cloth, they didn't feel uncomfortable when wet (they dried in the sun fairly quickly). I haven't had any trouble with smell, as well.

I have used these sandals over the course of one summer (so far) and I feel that they are going to last for many summers to come. They are well-made and don't show any signs of wearing out yet. I have used these sandals to hike up mountain paths (uneven, rocky surfaces), walking around town (shopping), and even in the canoe.