Cruiser Reviews

See all reviews for Swift Canoe & Kayak

Read reviews for the Cruiser by Swift Canoe & Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Recently compared 2015...

Recently compared 2015 Swift 222 Cruiser to older Souris Quetico 17. The cruiser was faster and tracked better with light loads (both tracked well loaded up). Swift build quality seems a bit higher. Bought the cruiser. This model is not listed in the catalogue and uses the Sawyer mold. They don't always offer it, but if they do, I would try it out!

I've been on the hunt for...

I've been on the hunt for this boat for a few years now after paddling a friends Cruiser. So when I heard that Swift Canoe and Kayak was building the legendary Cruiser once again, I jumped on the chance and ordered one.

With a full season of paddling on this boat, I can now say it is by far my favourite out of the countless ones I have paddled over the years. Not only is my boat unbelievably fast and able to clean house at any regatta. But it also has a surprising amount of initial stability (for a boat of its speed), along with phenomenal secondary stability. It takes bad weather like a champ, making high winds and rough seas nothing more than a bad joke!

But the one thing that impressed me the most was the quality and attention to fine details that guys at Swift put in to building my boat. I have no complaints about my boat, and in my personal opinion it is second to none. Oh, and she only weighs 36lbs!