Adirondack Pack 12 Reviews

See all reviews for Swift Canoe & Kayak
  • 27.5" Width
  • $2,595 MSRP

Read reviews for the Adirondack Pack 12 by Swift Canoe & Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

My wife and I have paddled...

My wife and I have paddled Swift Pack 12s for a year (purchased from Raquette River Outfitters at Tupper Lake) to replace our 13 year old, much heavier (50+ lbs) Perception Acadias.

We LOVE these pack boats. The weight (21 lbs) is perfect for us, the boats track and turn beautifully, they look terrific, and they handle very well in heavy weather, particularly if you put some extra weight forward. If you have a bad back, like I do, the orthopedic seats do nicely. We can carry enough gear between us for a really comfortable week out, and a solo paddler - being frugal about weight - could do the same. We do a lot of photography from the boats, so we can attest to their stability as well as their shallow draft.

Finally, I cannot say enough about Swift's and Raquette River Outfitter's customer support. We had a problem with one of the 2012 design seats digging into the Kevlar hull when I (6'1") paddle in heavy weather and put extra strain on the seat. Swift has provided all the materials I need to make the needed repairs, coached me on how to do the repairs, and even replaced the errant seat. I'm sure they would have done it themselves had I been in Canada, but I live in Pennsylvania - too far from Tupper Lake or Canada to get the boat to them.

If you want a small, very carry-able canoe that can handle heavy weather and get into the tiny nooks and crannies of the lake, this is the boat. I'd purchase these Pack 12s again in a heartbeat.