Supported Kayak Paddling System

by Angle Oar

Excellent Alternative for Adaptive Paddling

I tried the Angle Oar recently and was impressed by how much it reduced my effort while paddling. It was intuitive to use and significantly reduced the effort I needed to exert to move my boat. My mother-in-law has arthritis and this product allows her to enjoy kayaking as much as I do. I recommend you give it a try. It is not for everyone, but the reduction in effort and ease of use will be of benefit to many people currently unable to enjoy kayaking.

Angle oar changes paddling for those who struggle to keep up!

I had been in touch with Angle Oar for about a year before it was available for use, as I am a physical therapist and I work as a volunteer with the Northeast Disabled Athletic Association(NDAA), helping launch an adaptive kayak program.
The folks we work with have significant mobility limitations, and many have been in wheelchairs for years, if not their entire lives. We had struggled with a few paddle support set ups, but what we needed was exactly what Angle Oar was designing.
After getting a few folks out on the water for short bouts of labor intensive paddling , the angle oar became an absolute game changer.
The support system takes all the weight of the paddle, and the angle is in the perfect position to allow the paddler to only need minimal strength and range of motion of their arms to obtain powerful strokes and maneuverability.
Having something that allows these folks to be out on the water propelling themselves, many times for the first time is amazing.
The angle oar allows people with arm weakness, significant endurance problems, and many disabilities the opportunity to experience true adventures on the water!
( with the correct amount of support and education)
This summer we hope to have groups and clinics available in the Burlington Vermont area.
Cathy Webster