Asea PFD Reviews

Read reviews for the Asea PFD by Stohlquist as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Stohlquist Asea

I use the Stohlquist Asea for kayak fishing. I wanted a vest that had buckles rather than a zipper, and this was one of only a few made. The adjustability is a plus. Pockets are more than adequate, without being so big that they hinder a self-rescue. Durability is good, but not great. These vests last me about 4-5 years before the color becomes extremely faded, and the reflective patches starts to unravel.

I like the two big...

I like the two big pockets, the amount of open arm room and freedom of motion that the ASEA provides as well as the high back and mesh at the bottom half of the back so that you can use kayak seats that would otherwise present a problem. I'm 5 foot 9 and 165 lb and use a medium. The ability of this PFD to prevent riding up is incredible. The only problem I've encountered is when I tightened the straps too tight one time and ended up with marks on my chest near my shoulders where the shoulder straps dug in during a several hour paddle.

I really like this PFD. I...

I really like this PFD. I am a small built guy 5'10", 155lbs and the small/medium fit me perfectly. Doesn't ride up and really like the chest pockets to put my keys in. My wife tried on the same model but it rode up on her real bad. A great PFD for the money.