Stellar 18' Surf Ski (S18S G2) Reviews

See all reviews for Stellar Kayaks and Surfskis
  • 20.2" Width
  • $ 2,890 From

Read reviews for the Stellar 18' Surf Ski (S18S G2) by Stellar Kayaks and Surfskis as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I bought this boat new,...

I bought this boat new, advantage layup, in March 2018. I am paddling on Rivers in Germany. On flat Water I can easily reach 12 km/h, my average speed is between 9.5 and 10 km/h - I am 52, 97kg and started paddling for fitness in 2016. My paddle is an epic mid wing. I paddled until 2018/10 about 1000 km in it and now it feels very stable to me. In August, I paddled on the River Rhine and although the Rhine can be a very demanding River, I never capsized ;-). This Boat has a very good secondary stability. Nevertheless, I practice the re-entry from time to time and its no problem at all. The big advantage of this boat are the storage compartments.
My first intention was to buy the "super stable" stellar racer, but when I tested it in windy conditions, I capsized after a few strokes. Therefore I bought the S18S and I am really happy with it.