Excursion Reviews

Read reviews for the Excursion by Riot Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

One of the most stable...

One of the most stable platforms for sea kayaking out there. A very forgiving boat. Have used it for 2 years in my outfitting fleet, and with probably 1000 paddler trips in them, only 1 accidental tip. That in itself is remarkable with many novice paddlers. It has given me a whole new level of confidence when entering into non-calm sees with newer paddlers. Always smiles when the boat handles the water effortlessly.

On the down side, it's big and heavy, but that gives it stability. Also a small person with short legs might have difficulty operating the foot controls fully for the rudder, as it is a wide boat. You can rig it up to allow a little more slider room if you know what you are doing.

I took my excursion out...

I took my excursion out for the first time to Highland Lake, CT. It was very rough out that day due to all of the boats. It performed very well in the rough water. Not as fast as my prijon kodiak. But it was an excellent boat.