Enduro 12 Angler

by Riot Kayaks

You asked for more storage capacity, flotation and sealed bulkheads… you got them in this fishing trip dream machine! With two sealed compartments for fishing and camping gear, get ready for the most exciting fishing campaign of your life: you’ll silently access remote coves and otherwise unreachable eddies while being completely autonomous, and you’ll be free to move anywhere, or simply hold your position as long as needed

The Riot Enduro 12 Angler is one of the few sit-in fishing…

The Riot Enduro 12 Angler is one of the few sit-in fishing kayaks I have found. I wanted a kayak I could fish from and also pack gear into for overnight trips, the Enduro met these requirements. There is plenty of storage for enough gear to go a few nights. The only complaint I have is the seat could be more comfortable.

The Riot Enduro 12 Angler is the second half of our kayak…

The Riot Enduro 12 Angler is the second half of our kayak purchase. It was a bit of trade off in that we got the most kayak for the money we had after buying the Riot 13 edge.

The only negative, which could be a positive for some paddlers, is that it floats like a cork. With a flat bottom, the Enduro goes more OVER waves, than punching THROUGH waves. However, this boat will be far more often on flat & semi-turgid water.

A big plus is Leg Room Galore! For my 6 foot 2 inch frame, this is important. Not only did the foot pegs extend to a more than adequate length, but the width plus flat bottom gave it a very comfy feel for the all-day paddler.

Other points include...
  • Skeg up means ultimate maneuverability. After a few hours practice I could spin this on a dime, skull sideways, pirouette, etc.
  • Extra buoyancy of a flat bottom also gives you great clearance. I have taken this into 6-8 inch deep marshy areas where the paddling is nearly impossible; but I was not bottoming out.
  • Skeg-down means great tracking in up to about 1 foot chop. Any taller water will start to throw you around a little; as the boat tends to ride over & not punch through waves. But it was probably not optimized for the conditions I put it in: Large lake with a current & high winds.
  • Dual, sealed bulkhead hatches assure good storage & extra buoyancy if you flip.
  • High side-rails help with taking waves to the side. The well designed front deck drains away water in concert with the tall-ish bow. Other than the occasional intentional flip (rescue practice) I have never had to pump this boat out.
Overall, this would be a very good first boat for the rec\\crossover enthusiast. Fishing aside, this is a very stable "safe feeling" boat. It will probably ultimately be handed down to one of the kids as my skills improve and\\or I head for taller chop & surf. But for the money, if you want a drop-skeg & don't mind a slightly roly-poly experience in larger chop, buy it!