007 Reviews

Read reviews for the 007 by Riot Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I own and paddle a 007-2...

I own and paddle a 007-2 by RIOT (as well as the DISCO and TRICKSTER). I paddled a number of other brands before discovering RIOT. The 007-2 is small, tracks beautifully on river runs, responds to my commands, and makes me feel comfortable and in control. These characteristics were difficult to find for a 110 lb female. Although I'm small it fits me like a glove.It rolls effortlessly with or without a paddle. One doesn't need to be a professional paddler to enjoy this boat. As my skills have improved so has my confidence in this boats ability.

I recently picked up a...

I recently picked up a RIOT 007 (previously owned a Dagger RPM & REDLINE). I am 5.10" and 168 lbs. After trying to shoehorn my way into a 220, I finally paddled the 007. I remember first seeing this boat on the water when I owned my RPM, and thinking to myself, "I'll never paddle something that small or squirrly".

CONS: This boat is a 3 year old design, and as such is not as loose as newer boats, or as fast. I had no trouble keeping up with the 220 while river running, but have heard from other paddlers that the 007 is 'painfully slow" to catch a wave. Something that has been addressed in the RIOT DISCO. The beveled chines, although very forgiving, aren't nearly as sharp as the chines on the latest playboats.

PROS: No that I own one, and considering that I paid a third of what a new 220 goes for, I'm quite pleased. The boat is tight, and fits like a glove. I have outfitted it with a Bomber Gear Back-band, and a RIOT Rodeo Seat. The upgraded seat and back-band make for a very snug feel, allowing the boat to respond cleanly and crisply. Side surfs like a dream, rolls effortlessly and is confidence inspiring.

What can I say, this boat does everything I want it to do, including river running. I spent 5 hours in it river running with no complaints. One word of caution, leaning forward and paddling hard, will cause the bow to plow, even paddling down river. ;) I've heard of paddlers out there, heating and modifying the bow deck, essentially reducing the volume. I have yet to do this, but have been told that it will make it that much easier to initiate flat-water moves. ;)