I recently bought this...
I recently bought this board after much research and deliberation. I currently have a 10'6" epoxy which is great for flat-water cruising but a bit too big for local surfing (SoCal dumpy beach breaks). I really wanted a board I could bring with me as I travel frequently overseas and the quality of Red finally won me over.
What I LOVE:
- The look and feel of the board. The RSS system allows for thinner rails which makes surfing possible. Still can’t do true top-to-bottoms or cutbacks as on a hardboard but this is the closest currently possible
- The pump is great and makes short work of getting the board up to 25 psi
- The bag is the best on the market hands-down
- The quality. This is a premium board and the top-notch quality is evident throughout
What I would change:
- I wish the fin system could be modified. Even the ability to just change the center fin would be a huge plus. Ideally they would come up with a system with a center fin box and the option for either a 4 + 1 or 2 + 1 using FCS or futures
- At top speed paddling for a wave, it tends to lose it’s tracking. Again, a modifiable fin-configuration system could help
- A bit more rocker in the nose would help with late drops. Not critical for a good point-break, but in sloppy dumpy beach break it would definitely help
All-in-all, I am beyond stoked with this board and am certain it will last for many years.
Bought this a year ago,...
Bought this a year ago, and used it every single day I could through summer and well into Fall. A great board for a slight person who can't carry heavier boards alone. Wonderful for traveling, which was essential for me. Fantastic pump. Now that I've got a secnd board, I see the difference, but still I love this board for its ease of use. Very stable - my 50 lb dog joins me. Sturdy - survived the airport transfers from Ottawa (Canada) to Nassau and back.
It's light and little trouble to transport. Wonderfully comfy to stand, sit or kneel on for hours at a time. Probably best for a slight person (I'm 110lbs) - my hubby wobbles a little on it. Very sturdy and intelligent design and construction. You get used to having to zig zag towards your destination. Great on a still lake, a windy river or a wavy ocean - very adaptible.
Uncomfortable handle (I had to wrap it in foam and duct tape to prevent it from hurting my hand). It's a real challenge to fight th wind on this, but I figure that's part of the fun. Doesn't go as straight as more solid, longer boards, but that's to be expected for the portability factor.
Exercise, exploring, floating, touring, fightng the waves... I use it a little less this year, but never less than twice a week.
I use this board as much...
I use this board as much as possible, it is great fun on rivers and lakes but even more fun in the surf, with it being inflatable it's safe when you fall off.
easy to store and transport, soft for when you are in crowded surf areas so much safer than hard boards. Can pack it up and lock it away in the car when you go to the pub after a good paddle. It's stable enough for my dog to ride on the front and enjoy the paddle with me.
blowing it up each time you use it but a small inconvenience against all the pro's.
Exercise surfing and exploring the coastline around our beautiful county.
I LOVE my board! I...
I LOVE my board! I actually have 2 RED boards. The versitility, portability and quality are #1 on these boards. I have travelled and SUPped the east coast of the USA and even taken it to Iceland with me and SUPped the Glacier Lagoon!
Portability, ease of use, stiffness, quality of construction. I´ve tried other iSUPs and this one definitely tops them all.
limited design options/colors.
I have toured, raced and SUP surfed this board - it is truly and all-arounder. It does everything!
Easy set up, no hassle,...
Easy set up, no hassle, rolls up easily so it can be taken anywhere, great when you are in someone else's car!
versatile, rides waves, rivers fine on flat water, stable enough for teaching and great for dogs with their claws
none that i can think of it does everything and is tough, you could say it's best at nothing.
riding down the Thames in the UK, exploring anywhere I can't windsurf when there's no wind!!