Orca

by Pyranha

Have owned the Orca going on 10 years and have always enjoyed…

Have owned the Orca going on 10 years and have always enjoyed it! Very versatile little boat. I have paddled it mostly on my home river in Sweden both during high summer and flat water, and traditionally on high water at new year. I have also used it for surfing on the Danish west coast.

In all situations it has handled extremely well, the distinctive V hull giving a high secondary stability while still keeping good tracking characteristics. Pack space quite ok, and though it is a shortish boat it fits me nicely despite my 1.90m

After reading all the reviews we could get our hands on, gathering…

After reading all the reviews we could get our hands on, gathering and reading as many brochures as we could and test paddling every touring/sea kayak that was available we tried the Pyranha Orca. We had never heard of the Orca model before but were familiar with the brand, Pyranha, as a maker of white water kayaks. We both immediately agreed that it felt the best of anything we had tried. We liked the adjustable, while in the boat, seat, the adjustable, while in the boat, 'smart track' seperate footbrace-rudder pedals. It felt very stable and turned easily when leaned without using the rudder.

After a month of use in Lake Michigan in a variety of conditions we are still both extremely pleased with its speed, stability and adjustable, while in the boat, comfort. We have also used it a couple of times in a slow river/mill pond, and in the Horicon Marsh, and were again pleased. We have not had it in big waves yet but as we become more familiar with it we are getting anxious to try the larger waves.