Master TG

by Pyranha

I don't believe any boat is 10 out of 10. I…

I don't believe any boat is 10 out of 10. I own 6 kayaks at the moment from sea to rec to ww and all have something different to offer.
I don't own this one, but gave it a try after recommending it to a friend who wants to try ww kayaking. The boat is great as a first ww boat, what it was designed for. The skeg is a waste in my opinion, if you can't paddle this boat straight without the skeg it's you not the boat.

I agree with its class III rating, it is very stable and has a lot of buoyancy. I found the boat very easy to roll, the hull design gets beginners to really "feel" a proper hip snap (not always so easy to feel in a play boat). The open nose handles are really cool when surfing because water squirts up through them. Outfitting is pretty basic but gets the job done.

I am 5'6" and 150 lbs and would consider the kids version if I were to buy one, the master was a bit sloppy to sit in for my smaller size. Speed was good but not as fast a full displacement hull (obviously).

Looking for a friendly intro to ww that can take you as far as the average ww kayaker usually goes (the jump from class 3 to 4 is bigger than most people realize) then this is your boat.
BTW: have 2 friends with this boat now and both have not found a skirt that fits securely, let me know if you find one.

Have to give it a 10. This is a do all yak…

Have to give it a 10. This is a do all yak that allows the guy with alot of flat water to still have fun when it roughens up. Skeg is wonderful for flat water. Very stable design. I wish the seat had more adjustability but it works! Thanks Pyranha!The glide on these boats are amazing for its size.

Great transition from rec to ww boat. Tracks easy either wit or…

Great transition from rec to ww boat. Tracks easy either wit or w/out skeg. Sparse in the adjustment dept, but footpegs are top-notch. Much too stable to ever be able to roll the boat easily, though I have rolled it twice. An excellent beginners boat for someone who wants a stable ride on moderate water.

Now take into account this was all done in a pool so…

Now take into account this was all done in a pool so no surfing or eddy turns etc.

I, as well as others, was very impressed with the Master TG. It was fast, tracked well (No Skeg), turned surprisingly well and was very comfortable, considering the minimal adjustability of the outfitting (nice foot pegs btw). It was just too darn small for my 265 lbs. A guy at around 190 lbs said it was perfect for him. I would say 225 lbs might be a good high end. I would have bought a Master TG on the spot if it were just bigger!

I hope you are coming out with a bigger one soon - like before spring.

IMO: it might be best boat out there for transitioning from Rec. boating to WW. I may end up getting this smaller version, with skeg, for my kids and as a buddy boat. If you are in this boats weight range I would strongly encourage you to buy one, but would strongly recommend a test-drive since it has minimal adjustability.