PlatyPreserve Wine Preservation Sys. Reviews

Read reviews for the PlatyPreserve Wine Preservation Sys. by Platypus as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Best thing for canoe...

Best thing for canoe camping and camping in general! Lugging bottles of wine does not only add weight to your gear, but also there is a huge possibility it won't make it. We transfer the wine right before we head out and it preserves it perfectly. It is convenient and lightweight. Also the design is great to tie off on the canoe in the lake to keep it cold.

Platypus makes a...

Platypus makes a collapsing plastic water bladder that is designed for wine and can be reused. Called the Platypus PlatyPreserve Wine Preservation System, this is a fancy word for a collapsing water bag that is made for wine! At $10 a pop, the price is hefty but if you buy the 4-pack, you save $10.

The bag has a Food-Grade Polyethylene liner and holds 27 ounces but all I care about is that I can pour one bottle of my favorite wine into the thing, squeeze out the air and freeze it with no problem. PLUS, when the wine is gone, I can use my water-filter to fill it with drinking water or simply flatten the bag and it takes no weight or room in my pack or boat. I've used this on a number of trips and never had any problems.

PlatyPreserve Wine Preservation Sys.