Pursuit 10' Sit In Spray Skirt Reviews

See all reviews for Pelican International

Read reviews for the Pursuit 10' Sit In Spray Skirt by Pelican International as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I bought the Pursuit 100...

I bought the Pursuit 100 sit in spray skirt to help tackle some class 1 and 2 rapids at home in Arkansas. Though I do like the skirts material, and it's capabilities, I must say the intended application is flawed... The use of 1/4" bungee cord did not prove to be sufficient for even simple dry storage access..
  1. Although I did not pursue this method i have heard of folks applying a level of silicone to the under side of the cockpit lip to achieve a better grip. (paddlers wax can also be a quick fix)
  2. My modification was simple. I removed the lack luster 1/4" bungee, noticing that it had been intentionally crochet hooked to reveal some of the rubber cord to add grip. Instead, I suggest, as I have done, replace the 1/4", with 7/16" or 1/2" bungee, as these sizes provide a snug fit, while eliminating the need to crochet anything. A simple cinch knot on both ends takes the place of plastic clips for me.
    This larger bungee is available at local hardware stores by the foot