Pulse 100 X Angler

by Pelican International

Bought 3 middle of 2013 and found to be great for fishing…

Bought 3 middle of 2013 and found to be great for fishing... Not too much easy access storage but that keeps me from loading down with stuff distracting me from fishing. Son and grandson use the other two and cost has allowed us all to fish together tons.

Light and cheap but excellent for quick by myself fishing too. I like the way it handles and quite satisfied. Getting out is only problem but provides entertainment to those close by. I do have problems with most kayaks as I own others too but that's just me.....ha

This is a cheap beginner kayak that may be OK for kids…

This is a cheap beginner kayak that may be OK for kids messing around in a pond. The tracking is absolutely terrible which is not good if you ever plan on being on flat, calm water. I know this is a very inexpensive kayak but I don't know if I can recommend it even given the cheap price tag. There is barely any storage place which makes it very difficult to fish like it is marketed to do.

I realize that it is tempting to buy a cheap kayak if you are just getting into the sport and don't want to spend a lot but if you are in it to eventually do more than tool around the pond I would not recommend buying this kayak. Please remember, a lot of what is good about a kayak comes from personal preference so please try one out whenever possible before making a decision.

Purchased last year a Meijer's on clearance in Mid July.…

Purchased last year a Meijer's on clearance in Mid July. Purchase price: 209 plus tax. First kayak. Been out in it a dozen times in small lakes and class 1 rivers. I way 220lbs, 6 feet 2 inches, and fish loaded with fishfinder, two poles, cooler, anchor, minnow bucket, and net.

Likes: Fast kayak, easy to paddle, good back support from seat, location of rod holder in front offset to side is nice. Two rod holders in rear also nice. Color of sand.

Dislikes: Hard to get in and out of. I have fallen out, getting out a couple of times, again tends to rock side to side. Kayak has a round bottom. Bottom of seat could use thicker cushion. Rear storage is useless and not water tight.

Modifications: cleat added, velcro to attach depthfinder, with bolt and small piece of aluminum through rear handle hole to hold transducer. Cut out small plastic rear compartment to get full access to rear. Two pieces of foam are in rear, Cut and added a foam kickboard (pool noodle material)and put against back of seat for extra flotation and mounting small 12 Volt battery to using velcro. Added mostly inflated beach ball to the front to assist with flotation. Also, from reading reviews on this site about this model, I took the lid of a large tote and cut one end off and placed under the seat ensuring all three seat supports are resting on the plastic lid. Did this to help spread the load across the seat.

Overall thoughts: Good light starter boat to get into the sport if you are not afraid of tipping, fast, and lots of fun.