Carbon Endurance Race Wing Paddle

by Onno

same sad story

$400 and over a year later still no paddle. Sad but true. Dont send him your hard earned money.

Oh No!

This guy used to make fine paddles. Now, he talks a good talk, takes your money, and you will likey hear from him again, but it will be a constant barrage of promises. After a year and around $1500 of payments to him, I do not have a paddle to show for it! Note: This is me being nice!

Patrick at Onno needs to rename his company OH NO! as in OH NO I JUST GOT RIPPED OFF

Patrick Cooley is a Scam Artist. his paddles sound and look amazing and hell I have seen some great product reviews from anything before 2015. After that he realized he could spend time with people on the phone and then Scam them out of their money by stalling and never sending goods. Patrick is a Scam Artist.

Avoid Onno like the plague

After several e-mails and phone calls he convinced me that he could get me a solid custom paddle. He was very patient and knowledge-able sounding. So ordered my paddle in March and was promised I'd have it in 3 weeks, just in time to train for my races. It's been almost a year and no paddle. He occasionally responds to my e-mails with bizarre sob stories of his family issues. He'll say very non committal things like "should have time to work on paddles" this week, but never actually commits to making my paddle. He ignores any request for a refund like it's not even an option. He's essentially stolen $400 from me. If your considering getting anything from him first do a web search and you'll find that he's done the same thing to many many people. Avoid Onno like the plague.

I have the ONNO Carbon Small-Mid Endurance Race Wing. Before buying, Patrick Works…

I have the ONNO Carbon Small-Mid Endurance Race Wing.
Before buying, Patrick Works, the owner of ONNO, spent lots of time on the phone with me helping me decide what to buy.

The paddle is exceptionally light. The adjustment ferrule is lock-solid secure, but easy to use. I don't think that much more can be said here other than light, great adjustment ferrule, great service, high quality manufacturing.

Patrick is truly a pleasure to work with. He is one of "the good guys" in this business. I give it a "9" just because, in my mind, it is difficult to imagine anything being "perfect". How could this be improved? Don't know.

I also have an Epic Mid Wing with Medium Flex Shaft. The only material difference between that and the ONNO that I am able to discern is that the Epic has an oval shaft cross-section (a.k.a., "indexed") and the ONNO does not. Before I bought it, this concerned me about the ONNO. But several folks (including Patrick) suggested that it doesn't seem to be necessary to have the indexed shaft. After using it, I tend to agree.

So basically, I have no preference between my ONNO and my Epic paddles. I shift back and forth between them.