Read reviews for the Trident Ultra 4.7 by Ocean Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!
I just unloaded my Trident 4.7 off of the delivery truck and (racing a January cold front) strapped it to my truck and took it to the water with great anticipation.
1. This thing looks like a wave eating, fish catching machine.
2. It's a little heavy to load on a roof - especially after paddling.
3. There is a little slap in the hull in big chop but the slap created a bit of a rattle (?). Weird...
4. The transducer port creates a little drag in the hull that I wish it didn't have but I'll appreciate it when fishing.
5. This is the driest kayak I own (of the 11 in my fleet)
6. Very stable in the chop & whitecaps of the oncoming storm.
7. I like the decking and setup but have not used it yet. 8. Plenty of storage behind the seat. 9. Pretty comfy seat but certainly not the best on the market. 10. The 4.7 sits the paddler higher which creates a higher center of gravity. But it still handled the chop and whitecaps well - even turning and drifting. 11. I think I'm going to love this boat...
Many other reviewers have mentioned how heavy the kayak is and I will wholeheartedly agree. For me the weight isn't a problem as I roll it to the beach on wheels and never have to lift it on a vehicle. You do feel the weight of the kayak when paddling but I don't consider it unreasonable.
I love the rudder system. It is easy to deploy and retract from the seat and works beautifully to keep the kayak on track. The only thing I might change is to make the seating a little lower in the kayak like my Scupper Pro and thus bring the center or gravity closer to the water. That being said the Ultra 4.7 delivers a much drier ride than my Scupper Pro or any other sit-on that I have tried. I do like the seat and find it supportive and comfortable for my hour or two of paddling.
I can't review the fishing amenities as I don't use them but I love the large open storage deck behind the seat. I carry a sizable crab trap very easily as it is such a large space.
To summarize: I highly recommend this kayak especially for heavier paddlers.