HydroSkin Vest Reviews

by NRS

Read reviews for the HydroSkin Vest by NRS as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Bought this for my 6'2"...

Bought this for my 6'2" husband. He loves it; wears it all spring and fall for extra core warmth under hydro long sleeve top and bottoms and his dry suit. The sizing is a bit off. XL is a bit large; L is too small when wet, both sizes tend to twist on his body for some reason. He still would not give it up so he says it's a ten because of warmth and comfort.

I am 6'1" 200# and bought...

I am 6'1" 200# and bought the XL hydroskin vest. It is great out of the water but once wet and submerged, it fits too loosely. I'm hesitant to buy the L because the sizing chart for this shows that the L is for people up to 6' and 195# and it might be too tight. When I use this with a skirt over it and a PFD, it fills with water when I roll.

Although the sizing is not quite right, I would not rate this low because the comfort and insulation provided are just what I expected, and I will give it a 10 if the next size smaller fits tight when under water.

Older style Second...

Older style Second Generation, gray w. black insets. Good piece to partner with your long and short sleeve tops, whether fuzzy rubber fleece lined base layers or water repellent nylon/ neoprene/lycra tops Goes over anything w. no snags or dragging. Can be worn alone as well - the inner fleece is comfy & non-chafing.

Adds some warmth to the body core but retains torso flexibility, the neoprene thickness being only .5mm.

Four way stretch outlayer flecked w. titanium particles which are designed to reflect back/hold in body heat. Usual NRS quality in stitching and fabric finish. Impregnated with a microbial odor fighter, never a bad thing.

A newer vest is now out. If I'm not wearing this vest it rides along in a drybag. Well made, versatile.