Njak Reviews

Read reviews for the Njak by Nimbus Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I love this kayak for it...

I love this kayak for it maneuverability. I would not choose it if I wanted a boat that tracked perfectly but it is wonderfully comfortable and good for exploring. I end up using the rudder to correct tracking and that's fine. I have had my boat 4 years and wonder about upgrading but have not idea what I would replace it with, which suggests that I am happy as I am! Sure it limits your load if you are a packrat, but I have done 14-day journeys with no problem in this boat (I do travel light I might add!).

The Njak is a beautiful,...

The Njak is a beautiful, well made kayak. It's 16'-6" long, with a beam of 23 3/4" and depth of 13 3/4. It has enough rocker to make it very maneuverable, yet it still tracks reasonable well. Very seldom did I feel need for the rudder. This kayak has the most comfortable seat of any kayaks that I've tried.

It's design is best suited to maneuverability over speed, and it's harder to roll then kayaks with a narrower beam, but the initial stability and load carrying capacity make this a very practical "all-around" kayak.