Inuk

by Nelo Kayaks

I purchased the Inuk made by Nelo from the gentleman who made…

I purchased the Inuk made by Nelo from the gentleman who made the earlier report in 2010 of poor customer service from the manufacturer's representative. He was true to his word, he had the repairs expertly made. The boat is still in pristine condition. Aside from the initial defect, the construction of the boat earns an 8. Entry requires straddling the deck just behind the cockpit. The deck is not reinforced by the manufacturer. If the paddler attempts to enter or exit the boat without said reinforcement, the deck is likely to spider web crack.

This boat earns a 10 for speed and straight tracking. To say she's fast is a serious understatement. A secondary benefit is the Inuk is nearly silent as she slices through the water. Stability is earns a 6. The boat is very sensitive. However, this is precisely what I sought in a kayak. I wanted the next challenge of my skills and the Inuk is helping me improve my posture, form, and core strength.

I highly recommend this boat to experienced paddlers who kayak frequently and want to advance their skills on every day waterways and big waters such as oceans and very large lakes.

Design......absolutely superb. Construction......marginal. Paid out of pocket to have a manufacturing defect…

Design......absolutely superb. Construction......marginal.
Paid out of pocket to have a manufacturing defect repaired AFTER being promised by importer/rep Michael Martinov that I would be reimbursed for the repair. It is a year later and he has paid nothing, dodged two different BBB complaints by changing business addresses and completely lied about everything. If you want customer service, do not buy a Nelo.