Tahsis Reviews

Read reviews for the Tahsis by Necky Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have paddled a...

I have paddled a kevlar-carbon Tahsis for 4 months now and have found it to be the best kayak I have paddled to date. I am 195#, intermediate skills, and normally paddle a Shenai.

The Tahsis seems to have replaced the Arluk1.9 in Necky's line up, but with a Looksha multi-chine hull and a inverse keel. It is both fast and quick, and I won a race recently in it. A nice balance between tracking and turning. It has a light initial stability and moderate secondary. I removed the whoppie cushion and soft pad seat cover to increase the comfort level and lower my center of gravity. This made an impressive increase in stability and removed a problem of my legs falling asleep. The air cushion is now used as a camping pillow. It's really a dumb idea for a performance kayak seat.

The cockpit is the best I have ever sat in now. Leg grips are super firm, low rear deck, and a seat back that allows you to rock back to lay flat on the rear deck - snug fit with cyclist thighs. Smart track rudder paddles are great. The rudder blade seems to drag during rolls (when it is at rest position). I only once used the rudder during the race, think I might take it off in the future. I would give it a ten but I have not paddled all the other kayaks yet.