Switch Reviews

Read reviews for the Switch by Necky Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I've had my Switch for...

I've had my Switch for several years now. I love it. I even learned how to paddle whitewater in it. I've had people offer to buy it off of me and I have refused. I'm going to hold onto it until one of us dies!

Pros: Great speed, great carving, wonderful to surf, even a nice boofer!
Cons: The bow and stern are extremely low volume which can get you in trouble if you aren't paying attention to the edges. But they are great for throwing down.

I would definitely recommend this boat to any intermediate or above paddler looking for a fun river-running playboat. Good luck getting your hands on one though. Everybody I know who has one isn't giving their's up.

I would suggest that beginners go in another direction. It's a fairly wide boat which makes it somewhat difficult to roll (I still have a hard time hand-rolling in it). Also the extremely low-volume ends make it very unforgiving. But that being said, I learned in it so I guess it's not that bad!