Crux Reviews

Read reviews for the Crux by Necky Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Bought a Necky Crux used...

Bought a Necky Crux used for $400 and am very happy with the purchase. I am not a steep creeker, just a river runner. This boat has a feeling of stability that my former boat didn't have (Dagger Piedra). It weighs 43 lbs. after I removed some large springs that were between the foot rests and the seat. I think the springs were for shock absorption when hitting the bottom of a big drop. Since I am not planning to go over any drops that big I took them out. The heavy weight of the boat seems to give the boat some resistance to being easily pushed around by waves and currents. That resistance gives me a little more time to react.

The boat rides up and over waves instead of cutting into them like my former boat did. I am only 5'4" tall and I have the footrests pushed almost as far forward as they can go. My foot is size nine and there isn't a lot of room for them but after cutting away some of the heel of the running shoes I wear when kayaking they fit fine.

Good luck to anyone much taller than I or with a larger shoe size when getting into this boat. But compared to a playboat this is probably like a Cadillac.