M.I.T. inflatable PFD Reviews

Read reviews for the M.I.T. inflatable PFD by Mustang Survival as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I bought the Mustang...

I bought the Mustang Survival M.I.T. inflatable PFD (manual inflate version) to use during the heat of the summer. I use a conventional PFD for the rest of the year. I usually wear my PFD at all times but the summer months in Alabama prove to be too hot. I love the light weight of the inflatable PFD--you feel as if you are not wearing a PFD at all. I bought the manual version of the M.I.T. 100 as I didn't want the PFD to auto-inflate if it fell into the water.

The only negatives to this PFD (I kayak to fish!) is the absence any accessory points on the PFD. I would get use out of a knife attachment point, a pocket and a loop of some kind (for a zinger). These negatives are not deal breakers. I bought the M.I.T. on sale and it was a very good purchase for my needs.

Just note that an inflatable PFD must be worn at all times when on the water to be legal unlike a traditional PFD, which just must be present in the kayak when on the water.

I find this PFD to be...

I find this PFD to be really light, almost as if you're not wearing it. It is comfortable and not cumbersome at all while paddling. Although I have never needed to arm it, I feel very safe with it on. It is easy and compact to pack as it can fold in half and it comes in cool colours.