Orleans PFD

by MTI Adventurewear

Both my husband & myself have the Orleans. My original one…

Both my husband & myself have the Orleans. My original one came free w/the purchase of my yak, but would otherwise cost $59.99. When we decided to get 2 more, I found them online for $39.99 each, no shipping since it was an order over $50 and no tax.

Being I already had one, I knew I liked the fit. I think it's important to find one in a store first to try before you buy any PFD online.
I like the clasp inside the pocket. I use it to clip my hat's chin strap to so when I'm not wearing it, the loop under my chin does not strangle me w/my hat hanging off my back.
I like the half mesh back which clears the seat of my sit on top and it keeps you cool.

I give it a 9 because I don't know if it's over padded in front. It's still comfortable.

I got this PFD at Dicks for $60. It was the…

I got this PFD at Dicks for $60. It was the cheapest one I could find with a kayaking design. It has adjustable straps on the sides, a breathable mesh back, a few pockets, and shoulder adjustments. I found a complete range of motion with the vest. The shoulders are padded nicely. One thing I complain about though, is that it fits to tight around my back when tightened enough not to ride up to my face. It slightly impairs breathing to get a snug fit, and the zipper is hard to get together to zip. The vest does provide lots of flotation though. I’m a sinker, and the vest kept my head and shoulders above water where standard summer camp vests let me sink 3 or 4 more inches. Overall, it’s a quality vest that does its job well. The red goes well with my blue skirt and dark green boat and my paddle that’s white and black with yellow stickers. My orange splash top adds character too.