Probe 11

by Mohawk Canoes

My first solo boat. Have only solo boated for 1 year.…

My first solo boat. Have only solo boated for 1 year. Very stable and pretty much does what you want it to do. I'm 115 lbs, so it's much easier to handle than the probe 12 for me. They say I will do better in the probe 11 on the Ocoee for the first time than in a Viper 11 (the next boat I want to get). Several of the women in our canoe club have probe 11's and love them.

A great little boat that performs exactly like the company said it…

A great little boat that performs exactly like the company said it would. It's not the fastest boat, but neither is it slow- not for under 12'. It plays well, rolls with ease, and surfs well- as long as you stay leaned back to prevent the bow from pearling. The Probe 11 is very maneuverable and excells on small, twisty, and obstructed class II & III. It's probably not what you would term as a "dry" canoe, but it does well for a shorter boat and paddles well when full of water. It would be pretty edgy with larger paddlers, but smaller folks should have no trouble. A rank beginner, or someone who intends to run big water, might be better served by the Probe 12 II or the Probe 12.

In short, I'm well satisfied. I've had the boat for two years, and- after plenty of use and several high-velocity encounters with rocks on my favorite class IV rapids- the royalex hull is holding up fine. (It WILL run big water. It's just wet and tricky- for me anyway.)

A great boat from a great company. They told me what to expect from my boat, and that's what I got. I'm reluctant to give anything a 10 rating, but the cost of the boat and the excellent customer service almost made me do it.