GP-88C Greenland Stick Reviews

Read reviews for the GP-88C Greenland Stick by Mackie Paddles as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

My custom Greenland stick...

My custom Greenland stick from Mackie Paddles is really sweet. My GP-88C is beautifully shaped from a handsome chunk of WRC to suit my hands and arm span. On the water it is very smooth and totally silent through any stroke and scull. Other paddles I have used are noisier. That could be a function of those paddles being more demanding of technique.

Per my request, it has a square-ish 21-1/2 inch loom with very slight shoulders that gracefully transition into 3.25 inch wide blades and rounded tips. 5 coats of tung oil really show off the tight grain and highlight the cedar's deep color. I opted for no stain even though he offers some rich, natural colors.

Mackie was great to work with and made contact afterward to see if I was satisfied and if any modifications were needed free of charge. I am glad that I had my initials embossed in the loom as all who have seen and used this paddle want one too.