The Concord

by Lincoln Canoe and Kayak

The Concord is one majorly sweet canoe. This boat has won the praise of many paddlers for its excellent handling characteristics and rightfully so. It's ideal as a family canoe for day-tripping or short weekend camping trips. Designed by Tim Stewart with a flared bow and stern add buoyancy and make it drier in rough waters.

Just picked up a well used fiberglass Concord from some friends retiring…

Just picked up a well used fiberglass Concord from some friends retiring to Florida. They raised their family with this boat and it is still in excellent shape to bring my boys up with!

I recently picked up a Lincoln Concord canoe at a yard sale…

I recently picked up a Lincoln Concord canoe at a yard sale. After some minor gel coat repairs, yoke replacement, and replacing the wicker seats with nylon webbing, it was ready to go back in the water. The canoe is fiberglass and, according to the Lincoln website, weighs about 68 lbs. Portage is doable solo, but the canoe is 16'6" so it is somewhat cumbersome.

The canoe is stable, handles well, and tracks straight as far as I can tell. I've used it on some small creeks, ponds and lakes, and it seems to be well suited for smooth water. It is a well made fiberglass canoe, without any bells and whistles. I'd give it a 10 for value, but that might be misleading as I paid $40 for a used canoe that lists for $1150 new!