Win a Kayak or SUP

Lancer Reviews

Read reviews for the Lancer by Lifetime Products as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Bought this just to have a...

Bought this just to have a light weight kayak. I'm 57 and it is easy to throw on top of my SUV. It tracks well and is actually a lot more comfortable than you would think. It is not as stable as my nucanoe nor as fast as my Native 14.5. But it is not near the cost. Would I buy it again, yes indeed.

I have 2 Lifetime Kayaks. ...

I have 2 Lifetime Kayaks. I have a tandem, which is easy to paddle and maneuver in. It is also easy to use with just one person and it tracks well. Both are a SOT, I also have a one person yak, they both are very stable.

I have the Lifetime Lancer...

I have the Lifetime Lancer model from Walmart, bought it on sale for $165 with free shipping to the store. The Lancer is a the same hull as the Guster, and is really just a rebrand minus the nice gear such as adjustable footpegs.

About me: 5'8" 180lbs, 45 year old male. I'm an intermediate kayaker, have a 11.5' perception access SOT I use for fishing, an 8' pelican vortex (for the kids and super short trips) and also a Sea Eagle 370 inflatable. I'm also quite handy with mods

PROS: SUPER stable, even in the choppy waves. Can take motor boat wake broadside. I've had it out for 4 hours in protected bays - Hingham Ma harbor. All over the South shore of MA, lakes, ponds rivers, estuaries MODS - lots of nice flat surfaces to modify to your liking. I've added a recessed rod holder, a snap on paddle holder, a few eye pads and DIY storage wire rack on the inside of the hull, swapped out the stepped foot pegs with $20 adjustable pegs from Amazon, and added a drink holder right on the dash in front. SIZE - I throw it in the back of my old minivan. simple, fast TOUGH - hull scratches easy but it takes a beating CHEAP - $165 at Walmart, with mods I'm at about $200 invested.

CONS- TRACKING - stop paddling and you veer left or right. Forgivable but still disappointing SPEED - you won't win any races. Well maybe 1 or 2., If it were a football team you'd be between 7-9 to 9-7.

Win a Kayak or SUP