Polartec 100 Dry Suit Liner

by Kokatat

If you want a extremely warm 1 piece fleece union suit this…

If you want a extremely warm 1 piece fleece union suit this one can not be beat. It has nice Velcro tighteners on the sleeves and ankles so it stays in place. This thing is so warm its hard to believe. I paddle as long as the water is not frozen. I do not wear mine as it's just too warm if you are exerting any energy. I like to use the layering method with my dry suit. You can easily get as much warmth by layering & mixing fleece, spandex, and poly-pro long sleeve shirts and long johns and a lot more flexibility by layering. It's hard to remove layers when you over do it so I try my best to wear what I guess I will need and if I under dress I put on my Kokatat storm cag ( its a 10 out of 10 ) or pull a skull cap out of a pocket and put it on. I keep polartec dry suit liner more for non paddling than paddling. Like all Kokatat gear it's top quality. It's just a little much and not very flexible for me on the water.

I purchased the Kokatat Polartec liner for my GMER drysuit and I…

I purchased the Kokatat Polartec liner for my GMER drysuit and I have used it a few times while both sea kayaking at 38 degrees and surfing a sit-on-top in January with the air temperature of roughly 40 degrees.

As the previous reviewer mentioned, I felt the cold but did not feel cold. I also had a thermal top and bottoms on under the liner. I don't know if that made a large difference or not. The liner fits great, does its job, and is well worth the money.
My only complaint is that it started to pill really quickly and I have fleece pills all over the place.

I wanted to have something to wear under my Kokatat Super Nova…

I wanted to have something to wear under my Kokatat Super Nova Semi-Dry Suit to insulate me from the cold water, and wick moisture away from my skin. I didn't want two pieces of "long underwear", as I feared while I was paddling the top might ride up, or the bottom slide down under my suit, and I would not be able reposition it. A one piece wicking liner seemed the best for me.

I walked out into the water in my suit, and I could feel the cold water, but I didn't "feel cold". It did what I wanted it to do.

The air was about 50 degrees, and blowing about 10 mph, but the sun was very bright. The Polartec 100 liner wicked the moisture away from my skin, and I was very comfortable. I thought I would be sweating with the sun beating down on me, and wearing a life jacket. But I wasn't. I was far more comfortable that I thought I would be.

If you are looking for something to wear under your Semi-dry, or Dry suit, look closely at the Kokatat, Polartec 100 Dry Suit Liner. It does a great job.