Keewaydin 14 Pack Reviews

See all reviews for Swift Canoe & Kayak
  • $ 3,195 From

Read reviews for the Keewaydin 14 Pack by Swift Canoe & Kayak as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have paddled a Keewaydin...

I have paddled a Keewaydin 14 extensively for three years now throughout the Adirondack Mountains, primarily on remote rivers and small lakes/ponds as well as just some straight away paddling for exercise on open stretch of the Hudson River. I am constantly transporting it on my SUV, portaging it and pulling it over or around beaver dams. At 5' 10" and 61 years old, I appreciate the light weight and portability this boat offers however it's performance on the water is also a strength. It is quite maneuverable on narrow, serpentine rivers but also is easy to get up to and maintain a cruising speed with little effort on more open water. The seat is very comfortable. Inspite of some lower back issues, I can paddle 4-6 hours between rest stops and that is normally for a bio break. Stability is good even in somewhat rough conditions however I do struggle with windcocking when the winds come up. Although I try to protect a sizable investment, I have bounced it off rocks, scraped more underwater obstructions than I care to think about and wacked a few trees when carrying it ( all of which make we flinch) but there is nothing more the cosmetic scrapes. I couldn't be more pleased with this boat and expect many more years of enjoyment.