Unalaska Reviews

Read reviews for the Unalaska by Kajak Sport as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I used this kayak mostly...

I used this kayak mostly solo on a three week circumnavigation of the Sardinia island in Italy (800 km)and a four and a half month trip in the Mediterranean sea (5.000 km). I had it built in carbon kevlar, without the central hatch, with a skeg and a compass. I did sleep inside it a couple of times when I haven't been able to find a suitable beach.
The Unalaska is extremely stable, fast and comfortable and surfs quite easily. It's not very easy to turn and it suffers wind drag due to it's high volume above water. I can highly recommend this kayak to couples or even singles who need big volumes or require a sleeping kayak.
I have replaced this kayak with the Kajaksport Avalon Viviane because I need less gear and the weathercocking can sometimes be a problem with the Unalaska.
I highly recommend this kayak.

Unalaska Tandem Expedition...

Unalaska Tandem Expedition Kayak. This is a fantastic tandem for serious touring or for family outings. Includes a huge center hatch that can be used as a cockpit for a small child or pet. This boat is fast and seaworthy. I have paddled it in big ocean and flat water and it is a joy, especially with two strong paddlers. The construction is typical Kajak Sport, very well built.