Caster Reviews

Read reviews for the Caster by Islander as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have had this Kayak for...

I have had this Kayak for 3+ years now and absolutely love it. I first bought the kayak to fish the rivers of E. Tennessee and W North Carolina. It excelled in these conditions. Out maneuvering shorter river kayaks in the rapids. The boat handles 2-3 class rapids very well, but the one time I tried a 4 I ate it pretty hard.

I have since moved to FL and the boat is just as good in the ocean. It is very stable, and allows for me to stand up and fish/paddle fairly easily after only a little practice.
I own 4 different kayaks and this is by far my favorite of them all.

Been in the market for a...

Been in the market for a SOT and been searching for 4 month for a good deal. Have paddled both a Manta-ray and Tarpon and had my heart set on one of those... then I find this Islander at Dicks, looks good, but can't find much info.

Come to find out it's the discontinued Perception Caster - great reviews, and @ $350 less than the other 2 it came home with me. Overall I love the boat..a little wet when loaded but thats about all SOT. Handles and tracks great, works great as a fishing platform and hauls all my camp gear with ease.