Caster

by Islander

I have had this Kayak for 3+ years now and absolutely love…

I have had this Kayak for 3+ years now and absolutely love it. I first bought the kayak to fish the rivers of E. Tennessee and W North Carolina. It excelled in these conditions. Out maneuvering shorter river kayaks in the rapids. The boat handles 2-3 class rapids very well, but the one time I tried a 4 I ate it pretty hard.

I have since moved to FL and the boat is just as good in the ocean. It is very stable, and allows for me to stand up and fish/paddle fairly easily after only a little practice.
I own 4 different kayaks and this is by far my favorite of them all.

Been in the market for a SOT and been searching for 4…

Been in the market for a SOT and been searching for 4 month for a good deal. Have paddled both a Manta-ray and Tarpon and had my heart set on one of those... then I find this Islander at Dicks, looks good, but can't find much info.

Come to find out it's the discontinued Perception Caster - great reviews, and @ $350 less than the other 2 it came home with me. Overall I love the boat..a little wet when loaded but thats about all SOT. Handles and tracks great, works great as a fishing platform and hauls all my camp gear with ease.