Prospector 14

by Holy Cow Canoe Co.

Purchased the 14ft ultra-glass layup prospector about ten yrs ago. Found the…

Purchased the 14ft ultra-glass layup prospector about ten yrs ago. Found the canoe to be very stable, easy to handle, enough capacity for two people. The slight tumble home very nice to paddle with. Used the boat on flat water only, it tracks very well, since it has a bit of a keel. However I have never had an issue with maneuverability, solo or tandem. The hull is a little thin and flexes(be careful of cracking the gel coat), highly recommend the Kevlar skid plates, they have save me a lot of issues. I have had some damage and found it very easy to repair, just remember it is a thin hull and take it easy doing the repair.

Overall a great little boat, very easy to handle solo, or paddling the kids around the lake.

I purchased a 14' Kevlar Prospector almost three years ago, and have…

I purchased a 14' Kevlar Prospector almost three years ago, and have been very impressed with the canoe since then. The Holy Cow Canoe Company staff was very helpful when I went to pick up my new canoe - they assisted me with the loading/tie-down process, and gave me and my kids a tour of their facility, showing us how the canoes were actually made.

The canoe itself definitely performs as advertised - very light and extremely stable. It holds a lot of gear, is easy to paddle, and works equally well as a tandem or solo canoe. A great all-around option if you're looking for a versatile canoe.

I did have an accident with my canoe, and it unfortunately needed repairs. The Holy Cow Canoe Company staff was, again, extremely helpful with the repair process. They took steps to accommodate my schedule, repaired all of the damage that I could see (and even some that I had not noticed), and managed to restore it to "good as new" condition very quickly so I could get back out on the water.

I am very pleased with this canoe and this manufacturer (I also own a 16' Kevlar Sportsman), and would encourage anyone looking for a great canoe at a great price to check them out.

14' kevlar prospector - Holy cow canoe. Great canoe. Had owned a number…

14' kevlar prospector - Holy cow canoe.
Great canoe. Had owned a number of 16 and 17' canoes in the past which we used for camping trips with the family. Now that the kids are all grown up it's just myself solo most of the time, and occasionally the wife. Was hesitant on going from 16' to 14' at first, but it was incredibly light weight which is what I needed.

Very, very happy with this canoe. Paddles perfectly in every situation, is stable enough to fish out of, and maneuverable enough for class 3 with the occasional class 4 rapids, and stable enough for the wife, who does not swim, to feel comfortable.

Very impressed with how well built, and tough. Have owned it now for about 9 months, met many rocks, and even dropped it once by accident with only scratches. Very impressed with this canoe and far exceeds my expectations.