Win a Kayak or SUP

Fleetwood Canoe Paddle Reviews

Read reviews for the Fleetwood Canoe Paddle by Grey Owl Paddles as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

The Fleetwood is a very...

The Fleetwood is a very nice straight shaft canoe paddle for lakes, slow rivers and similar conditions. I have two of these paddles, a 56" & 58" that I've used for a few years now. The blades nicely shaped and taper to a thin edge that makes in-water recoveries and blended strokes a joy. The blade is wrapped in a light edge guard that has proven durable for me. I don't bash these around and they are not WW paddles. The large blade affords a nice athletic pace when desired but really gives one excellent boat control when exploring twisty shorelines or rivers & creeks. The grip is symmetrical thus allows an easy and comfortable palm roll. Wood paddle weight will always vary a bit from one example to another but the Freestyle is always a light paddle. My 56" weighs in at 16.5 oz and my 58" goes 18.75 oz. Long touring days are where the Freestyle shines. The polyurethane finish seems to be durable for me. I do strip the shaft and grips of my paddles and refinish them with my preferred oil/varnish blend. I purchased one paddle from Boundary Waters (Piragis) and one from Carl's Paddlin'. Excellent service from both outfits. If you're looking for a performance oriented wood canoe paddle take a peek at the Grey Owl Fleetwood.

Win a Kayak or SUP