Wind Dancer

by Eddyline Kayaks

This 6'2", 195 lb'er bought his first kayak, a glass 17'.5"…

This 6'2", 195 lb'er bought his first kayak, a glass 17'.5" x 24" shallow V Wind Dancer with rudder, about 10 years ago. My priority was a stable, volumous platform for fishing, photography and extended tripping. I've been paddling her ever since!

For a big boat she leans & carves nicely and tracks spot on. The cockpit is spacious for easy entry & exit. The peaked deck has certainly been an attribute in some pretty rough water even though it can catch some wind. As with all Eddyline boats the workmanship is exceptional and they just look great.

Although Eddyline stopped production of the Wind Dancer around 2002 to make way for lighter composite (Carbonlite/Modulus) boats, should you want a stable sturdy platform pick up a used one. But then again I haven't seen many of em for sale!

I just got my eddyline and it fits my body 5' 10"…

I just got my eddyline and it fits my body 5' 10", 145 but only just. Thigh pads are saving grace that allow my hips to help throw it around. It's a bit heavy for a fiberglass boat (58 lbs) I haven't had it out fully loaded so we'll see but on a slow river, calm lake and Lake Michigan it has handled great. good acceleration, fairly good turning, not great, slides down waves comfortably and knows when to break and when to rise oncoming waves. We'll see when I get more weight in it. For me it's a great boat but i'm sure there are better boats out there just not for this price.