Rio Reviews

• $1,399 MSRP

Read reviews for the Rio by Eddyline Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Love the Rio.

Most of my paddling is on small rivers and creeks filled with obstructions that were tearing up my composite boat (CD Vision 130), so I began looking for a lightweight thermoformed boat. The Rio is perfect for my needs. It is lightweight (35 lbs., according to Eddyline), nimble, quick and tracks beautifully. I’m 5’10” and 160 lbs. with a 29-inch inseam, and the boat fits me perfectly. If you’re much larger — definitely, if you have a longer inseam — this might not be the boat for you. Like all Eddyline boats I’ve seen, the finish and fit of the Rio are beautiful.

I just tried the Rio kayak...

I just tried the Rio kayak from Eddyline this week. Wow! This is a beauty and fast. Very fast, light and maneuverable from a company known for their high quality kayak construction and innovative building techniques using a Carbonlite 2000 Thermoform Composite.

Here's what I especially like about the RIO. it weighs 35 pounds. Yep! Only three pounds above our Sky 10 kayaks that we currently own. That's a nearly 12 foot boat vs. a 10 footer (SKY). It's a bit narrow and built for smaller and lighter kayakers such as my wife who is 5'4" and weighs 125 pounds. It moves with incredible ease and speed. So, for us, a no-brainer. We are selling a SKY 10 and buying the Rio for my wife. It's a bit pricey, but I was able to buy it on the Fall sale at our local kayak shop. We are approaching our 80's now, so weight is a factor. Yet, we didn't want to lose out on performance. So, the RIO fits the bill for lakes, rivers and small bays. Plus, it's small and light enough to fit in our apartment in the off season.

We plan to spend the winter on Conception Bay in the Sea of Cortez (Baja California). So along with a RAM Promaster Van that we are converting into a camper, we should be all set for the next five years of kayaking. My own preferred kayak is a 13 foot Necky Manitou which weighs around 45 pounds. I am keeping my Sky 10 for local trips because it's very light and will fit inside our new van.