Win a Kayak or SUP

Delta 17 Reviews

Red
  • 22.5" Width
  • $ 2,495 From

Read reviews for the Delta 17 by Delta Kayaks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

This is my first kayak and...

This is my first kayak and so far it has been amazing. It is lightweight for it's size and easy for me to lift onto and off of my SUV's kayak carrier. There is ample space in the bulkheads for multi-day trips and the day hatch is a great feature. The thermoform design makes this kayak durable for river use (I don't have to worry about scraping the hull off rocks) and the length allows it to rip through waves on bigger bodies of water. I have the skeg model of this boat, but it also has a rudder option. The skeg is easily lowered and makes tracking effortless. The foot braces are easily adjusted in the cockpit by hand as it has extended levers. I am 6'1" and fit into this boat nicely. A nice feature is that the deck lines are recessed into the body, making the boat more streamlined. One of the best qualities of the Delta 17 is the adjustable seat. The padded seat itself moves forward and back allowing shorter (and taller) paddlers the ease of reaching the foot braces, which is normal for most higher-end boats. However the back rest also moves up and down (and back and forth) so that you can adjust and re-adjust on long trips. I can't wait to see how this feature helps my back on long trips. The Delta 17 is priced higher than a typical recreational kayak, but lower than a composite. So far, I don't have any cons for the Delta 17, but I hope to have a better review once I take it on a few trips. Stay tuned.

The boat is well made with...

The boat is well made with enough thickness of the material to be quite sturdy. The rudder, hatches, footpegs, seat, etc. are thought out and function quite well. Its carrying capacity is commodious. It's very stable and the rudder does a good job of keeping you on course in adverse conditions. Everything is a trade-off and, in this case, you give up a little speed compared to a kayak with performance as a priority. If you're looking for a boat that will haul a load and take good care of you, definitely test this one.

2017 Delta 17

We bought two delta kayaks in July of 2017 from Frontenac Outfitters north of Kingston Ontario, the Delta 17 and Delta 15.5GT with rudders. They are both great. This is our first time owning kayaks. We have taken them on two, one week trips (and about 5 day trips) and there is nothing to complain about or that I can think of improving. Love the tight dry hatch seals, lots of room for gear, like the day hatch for my camera and binoculars. Everything on the kayaks works well and is properly designed, good comfy seat. Having rudders leaves more room for gear inside. Very happy with them. The 15.5GT has a slightly higher cockpit and does not need a sprayskirt as soon as the 17 in windy wavy conditions (or waves from not so bright power boaters who don't slow down). I strongly recommend these kayaks.

Win a Kayak or SUP