Farmer John for Women Wetsuit

by Bomber Gear

To extend kayak season into fall and, next year, late spring up…

To extend kayak season into fall and, next year, late spring up here in Michigan, I bought my first wetsuit online, without a try on. The BomberGear sizing is very accurate. I go 5'3" 115 lbs so it was Size Small for me. Women's sizes run XS to XL.

This suit is sleeveless, with a 3mm body core for extra warmth and 2 mm on the limbs for mobility. Knees are reinforced. Mine included a very easy to use hygienic relief zipper. The zipper is by YKK (heavy duty plastic, not metal). Ladies, do not treat a relief zipper as optional - get it, else you will have to practically undress to answer Nature's call.

The first try on took a couple of minutes using the long pull ribbon on the back entry zipper. Now it takes me less than a minute. Very happy w. the fit, it is truly an ergonomic fit for athletic yet womanly physiques.

Now on to paddling. I paddle at a pretty good clip for 4-5 hours each time I go out. This suit flexed nicely under my PFD & was very comfy. Did not feel restricted at all. I even wear it to the put in and, with a towel on my front seat, wear it homeward as well.

Lastly, what is a wetsuit if ya don't get wet? I like to swim and now that the water temp is 61-65 degrees I can. I've worn mine to practice capsizing & paddle float re-entry. Nice & smooth, comfort and confidence. This wetsuit is a great tool for safety and agility while I work to advance my skills.

Absolutely nothing about it on which to make a deduction, so a ten it is.