Special 9'10" Reviews

Read reviews for the Special 9'10" by Boardworks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Looks and surfs like a...

Looks and surfs like a custom board! I've had a chance to surf the 8.10, 9.4 and 9.10 sizes of the Special. At over 230lbs I settled on the 9.10. It is the "goldilocks" volume for me right now. JUST RIGHT. Enough so that I'm not struggling to stand at all but not so much that it feels like I could've gone smaller. The Special gets lots of looks and you'll get a lot of questions. From the looks to a thin foil and tail it is a performance oriented SUP. At 9.10 it is a board I feel confident paddling out in a lot of different conditions and swell size. Pros Great strength to weight ratio. The shape looks custom with attention to detail from bottom concave to chine on the rail to perfect rocker. 5 fin box set up gives you plenty of fin options. The board is light but it doesn't feel that way when surfing i.e. GREAT FLEX. Cons I would've loved to have an ALL WHITE option. Just the black/grey and carbon weave with white. Usage Surfing in to 2' to 8' waves.