Win a Kayak or SUP

Kraken Touring 12'6" Reviews

Read reviews for the Kraken Touring 12'6" by Boardworks as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I have been paddling for 3...

I have been paddling for 3 years and quickly realized I wanted something more sleek and fast than the entry level board I bought at Costco. We looked at several touring boards in the $1500 to $2000 price range and I even tried a few. My husband bought me the Kraken 12'6" Touring board for Christmas and I loved it immediately! I fish from my board also, which was part of the reason for buying the Kraken. It slides through the flats where I fish quietly, with little or no slapping noise from boat waves, and tracks beautifully. The indented deck is very dry. I have a net hooked to the tie down plugs where I store gear and it stays dry. I was amazed watching waves roll off the bow as i paddled in windy and wavy conditions on the Gulf of Mexico. My feet were actually completely dry after a long paddle in calmer waters, until I washed down the board! And though I already have good balance, the Kraken feels even more stable with the widest part of the beam centered further back. The Kraken is also very light for it's size. I am 53 yrs old and 5'9 1/2" and I am able to handle the board easily to load it on my SUV. The pop up carry handle is very helpful also. I just paddled the Kraken 5 miles on a river trip here in Florida and enjoyed every minute of it. My husband even commented on how great it looks gliding through the water. I highly recommend the Kraken 12'6" Touring board. Pros Great looking board! Very lightweight for it's size. Quiet Dry Stable Versatile Cons Nothing Usage Touring, fishing, exercise(some yoga). Perhaps racing in the future.
Win a Kayak or SUP