Exodus Fishstix

by Adventure Technology

Wonderful paddle. It is my first bent shaft and it took…

Wonderful paddle. It is my first bent shaft and it took almost no getting used to. No flutter, very quiet and light. Would have given a 10 but found out this weekend that sunscreen dissolves the camouflage hydro graphics on the shaft. Be careful with aerosol sun screens. Still trying to figure out how to degum

I bought this paddle when I was looking for a bent shaft…

I bought this paddle when I was looking for a bent shaft paddle with a stiffer feel and less flutter. It took me a few outings to get used to a bent shaft, and get my cadence and timing down.

The model I bought only has one hole in it so I cannot adjust the asymmetry of the blades, that is why I rated this a 9. Otherwise, it is fairly light and does allow me to accelerate quickly. Cntruction is solid, and the camo color has grown on me.

My other paddles I use are Aquabound Manta Rays and Stingrays, which are nice paddles on their own. I need more time with this paddle; wish it came in a slightly smaller shafted version, such as a Werner bentshaft model.

After logging in over 1000 miles on my Old Seven 2 Paddle…

After logging in over 1000 miles on my Old Seven 2 Paddle, that no one said would last, I felt it was time to go with the new Exodus Fishstix. The seven 2 is still kicking, but after adding 1 1/2" of close cell cushion to my sit on top, I felt the need for a longer paddle.

I must admit I was a little set back at paying close to $400 with tax for a fishing paddle, but after giving it some adjustment and break-in time, I am 100% happy.

Two words of caution for the new buyer. First, give yourself some adjustment time if you are going from a straight paddle to a curved one. Second, if your old paddle had a lot of flex, don't expect the Fish Stix to bend. I had the tendency to dig more that I needed and found my joints to ache a bit from putting more pressure on them from a slightly different angle than I was accustom to. After my third trip, I started settling in with the change in form and I am extremely enjoying it.