Buoyancy Aquavest 300 PFD Reviews

by Astral

Read reviews for the Buoyancy Aquavest 300 PFD by Astral as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

I've had this vest for...

I've had this vest for about a year now. I paddle primarily open boat in both lake and whitewater. I have used it in a touring kayak and WW kayak several times. I like the fit and really appreciate the cow-tail holder, and the QR harness. Belay loop is a bonus.

Great mobility and comfort. Pull-over design is very secure and allows for the large main pocket and doesn't require re-threading the rescue harness every time you don the vest. Downside is it can be a pain to pull a vest over your head to put it on - tho' it hasn't bothered me much yet.

Main pocket could use a small inner pocket for key/lipbalm/etc. Handwarmer pocket comfy but unused by me - it's always been warmer to tuck my hands under the vest next to my body - wish that the handwarmer pocket had side closures.

Good side impact protection built in, spinal protection good where the vest covers but it doesn't cover very high up the spine - a protection trade-off to mobility.

The Aquavest 300 IS expensive but probably one of the three best WW rescue vests out there. Stohlquist X-Tract-D (problems with pocket durability and abrasion)and the Kokotat Ronin Pro may be two other contenders