Buoyancy Abba PFD

by Astral

We have three in different sizes as our "guest" PFD's for people…

We have three in different sizes as our "guest" PFD's for people we take out kayaking. I think the Small is very small but the Med/Large and Large/Extra-Large seem true to size.

Pro:
All the sized adjust a lot on the side and top for comfort.
Brightly colored
Hold up well to sun and salt water - ours are well used but aren't raggedy or faded
Zippers are good quality

Con:
Pockets are useless to hold anything bigger than a whistle or mirror

incredibly comfortable, slim line tapered, low profile Type III vest w. three…

incredibly comfortable, slim line tapered, low profile Type III vest w. three pockets, lash tab & very comfortable shoulder & torso straps + a buckled waist strap). Here is one that can be cinched down for small torsos & shoulders (in size S/M) Beautiful cut for unhindered paddling, even bare-armed - no chafing!

Organic kapok has a soft cushioned feel, never binds or stifles. Two handwarmer pockets are, well, handy, esp. as they zip up & become gear pockets. A 3rd zip pocket w. a loop is great for a righty reach.

The deep blue color w. light blue accents is mighty attractive. The ABBA is not just for girls! Found this one on clearance for under 1/3 the cost of a new Kokatat MsFit Tour just purchased. I liked the MsFit very much & would also recommend it, but guess which one got returned!

Awesome ABBA... I'd give it a 10 if it had a tab on back for a spotter & more reflective piping.

If you've never touched a PFD filled with natural kapok, this vest…

If you've never touched a PFD filled with natural kapok, this vest is AMAZING! I am 5' 8" and 145# and wear a 34D or 32DD. It seemed like I tried on every PFD under the sun before finding this one. Even in the Astral line nothing compared. I found that the "traditional" molded foam in their other women's models: Wondervest, Wonderjacket, and Wondertour, the place where the foam "cutaway" ended fell in varying places midway on my breasts. I bought several models to wear around at home before deciding and I was very uncomfortable with all the rubbing on all of these PFDs in a very short period of time. Plus, if the vest got out of position, it was that much worse. Enter the Abba. Imagine a material that MOLDS to YOUR body whatever its shape. It’s kind of like a dense lumpy somewhat rubbery feeling pillow. I really wanted to buy the men's version (Norge) because it came in a really nice red color, but ended up buying the Abba because it did really fit better. Does anybody else wish the women’s vests also came in red?

My only complaint is that I don't love the straps, they are a little close to my neck and sometimes cause a little rubbing (admittedly my skin is a little sensitive however). I'm not sure whether I'll just get used to it or if I'll end up covering the edge with fleece or something. Anyway, this is a small compromise for a vest that is WAY more comfortable than any other vest I tried. Plus, it’s environmentally sound and for $100, you can't beat it!