Ascend H10 Reviews

Read reviews for the Ascend H10 by Bass Pro as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Picked up an Ascend H10...

Picked up an Ascend H10 Hybrid at Bass Pro for $599. And Ive gotta say I am very impressed. Overall the kayak is an excellent all around choice. The physical characteristics of this yak make it seem like it would handle like a bathtub. Only used it in a lake so far and it tracks well, minor trouble in crosscurrents. Tracking Id give it a 8/10, glide a 8/10, stability 9/10, comfort is a 10/10.

The negatives: Being so open leaves your lower body very exposed (I was dumb and got massive sunburns, not a problem if you make the wise decisions. It has absolutely no dry storage built in. The seat adjustment slips a bit as it only has a single buckle. The claim of "stand and fish" is exaggerated in my opinion. It might work for smaller paddlers, but I am 6'1, 260. I would not try it.

Overall, this boat is stable, comfortable, and fairly versatile for rec or fishing. At only 55 pounds its easy to load even on top of my Grand Cherokee. Definitely a good option for beginners looking for a versatile boat.

I already own a D10 and...

I already own a D10 and decided to pick up this Kayak for my wife. I am thoroughly impressed to say the least. For the price I don't think you can purchase a better kayak. It is super open and roomy, plenty of leg room and air flow with tons of room for ice chests and equipment. The seat is extremely comfortable and makes a long day on the water very enjoyable. I am a big guy, and having a 400 lb carrying capacity means I can actually carry gear with me and not be overloaded. It is a little slower than some of my previous kayak's but that is to be expected with the width, the extra stability is worth it to me if it keeps me from flipping when I slide over a cypress knee at full speed. We are using it primarily for recreation in the bayou's here in Louisiana and I haven't found anything else that I think would do a better job. I wish it would have come with a paddle holder and a few other options for the price but because of the railing system they will be easy to add on at a later date.