Chinook XP Tandem XL Reviews

• $ 499.95 From

Read reviews for the Chinook XP Tandem XL by Aquaglide as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Purchased the Chinook XP...

Purchased the Chinook XP single for my wife, she only used it four times the first season, fifth time seam came apart. 13 months old, so they would not warrant, told us to sew it back together with needle and thread. Kayak is beyond repair, when seam came loose it broke the zipper section also, material was coming apart too much to be sewn back together. Company offered to sell us a new skin, but after I ordered it, they called back and said would not have one in stock until next season?

Great Kayak

Paddled the Chinook XP on a number of occasions and conditions. It's a great stable boat for beginners, as a platform to fish from, to do light touring (eg overnight), and general recreation.

It has a fair amount of weight tho. Two of us have carried the XP across fields to get to a river (approx 400 yards) and it's very tiring. If this is your expectation then I suggest you get trolly wheels to carry.

It's worth hunting out YouTube videos to get an idea of handling. One of the best ones is this YouTube link

Happy kayaking

Love, love, love this...

Love, love, love this kayak! It is easily portable, easy to set up, lightweight and very comfortable. The best part is that it is extremely stable. We have used it in lakes and the ocean and not once felt unstable or even remotely in danger of tipping, even in waves and choppy water. It also holds a ton of gear, us, and 2 of our dogs.

We are novice kayakers so don't have much to compare to but our friend's hard shell seems to move faster although this thing still tracks well. Our use is recreational and it's perfect in that regard. The only negative is the extra maintenance required (inflating/deflating for washing/drying between uses, uv spray, vacuuming sand, etc.). We also have to be careful of oyster beds and salt marshes but no biggie with some pre-planning. It inflates quickly and easily with a foot pump and you can reverse a seat for on-water picnicing together. We have the basic/standard material.

This is my first...

This is my first "Inflatable" kayak and this much fun might be illegal. Set up takes about 10 minutes from car to water. Seats are adjustable to your desire and the Chinook 12.5 has lots of room. Very durable and fun. Would I buy this one again-"YES"!