12' Excursion Reviews

by Bark

Read reviews for the 12' Excursion by Bark as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Wow. Did I stumble on a...

Wow. Did I stumble on a GREAT board. Was looking for a surfer, when one guy I contacted sent me a picture of this 12 foot BARK Excursion. He was new to SUP, and I'm thinking it was a little "tippy" for him. I think he used it 3 or 4 times. I've done down winders with it, and raced it, and taken it to Cocoa for some bigger wave surfing. It is better on a "clean day" because as a 12 footer, you need to get back on it for bigger waves, and rough conditions can make that more challenging. But know this, for small waves up to 3 feet, it is fantastic. For bigger waves just a little more practice, but so, so fun. And the light weight makes waves easier to catch also. The nose rocker makes it perfect for bumpy down winders and surfing. And when you get comfortable, the surfing fins make it an easier to steer ride. Another thing. My daughters can catch waves easily on this board, and they fly in flat water and over the bumps - it's so light. Pros Nice rocker. Light weight. Floats me well at 190lbs. Great for Gulf, flats, and waves. Cons It's fragile, so you can't share with newbies. Usage Flats, Down Winders, Race, Surf.