This remote 2 day trip is the answer for those who wish to deal with...no one! You MIGHT see a local fisherman or two...maybe. Enjoy the finest sand bar camping with no competition for campsites.
While the river is generally shallow, there are drop-offs. Those who are not strong swimmers should always where their life jacket when their feet are wet.
WI River Outings rents: sleeping bags, tents, inflatable sleeping mats, camp tables, camp chairs, seat backs and HIGHLY recommends at least a dry bag.
The river is wide, so shade can be at a premium. If it's windy, it will generally be in your face since you're heading southwest. You'll learn to read the river quickly to avoid submerged sand bars. The most challenging part of the entire trip is making the turn into the Boscobel landing.
- Departure Months: May, June, July, August, September, October
- Trip Duration: 2-3 Day Trip
- Sport/Activity: Kayaking, Canoeing, Fishing
- Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
- Water Type: Flat/Sheltered Water, River/Creek (Up to Class II)
- Services Available: Route Planning, Shuttle
- Skill Level: Yes