Buy 2 Get 1 Free On All Shirts
  • MSRP

This Product Has Been Discontinued

Northfolk Description

Northfolk Reviews

Read and submit reviews for the Northfolk.

Wenonah Canoe, Inc.
Northfolk Reviews

Read reviews for the Northfolk by Wenonah Canoe, Inc. as submitted by your fellow paddlers. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community!

Now that I've had my...

Now that I've had my Northfork for a year and put a couple hundred miles on it, I'm ready to give a review. I mostly paddle the Greenbrier River (class I-II) doing mainly overnights. I mostly paddle this beast solo, which is doable when loaded with gear. This boat has been discontinued, but is a nice craft. It is more of a recreational workhorse poly boat. Pretty heavy, but you can drag it and beat it to heck for many years. More my style.

It is comparable to a Old Town Disco 169, but with a few noticeable differences. First of all, this boat is very well made, much like the Old Towns of yore. The quality blows the newer Old Towns out of the water. The Poly blend is a little stickier and more pliable feeling compared to the harder old town blend. The Northfork also has a shallower shape than the disco 169. The sides in the middle are pretty close to the water in comparison. Much easier for waves to get over the sides. It also has an extra thwart, so you can't flip your boat and paddle backwards like in a disco. Mine has nice lowered webbed seats, which are great for staying stable.

Overall, very nice quality, but I slightly prefer an older model old town 169.